Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Keeping to a schedual


I've been working very hard on PUSHING WATER and I'm now at a place in the novel writing where I must make some serious decissions about where to take the plot next. For me this is the most difficult part of the writing process, plot line. Though this is indeed one of the most important aspects of keeping the reader turning the pages. So, today I must get at it and deal with this next stage of the writing.

I have down loaded is a photo of my work station. The vintage travel poster of China looms over my computer screen and I have a display of my photographs contrained in my hard drive, and this is my diversion for the moment. I will only blog for a few more moments and then I must deal with the real task at hand, the plot.

I have given myself until the end of May to complete the rough draft of this novel because June 1 we will be heading off to China for a couple weeks. I so want to have this thing finished by then. But I cannot do it if I allow myself too many diversions. I make a plan, set it in motion and then see how it turns out in the end.

No comments: